I had a kick off meeting with my thesis advisor, Yaya. She gave me constructive feedback and brought up a couple of questions that inspired me.
- An event would be one time experience. People don’t want to be sign in or sign up for a platform or an app.
- Onboarding survey could be bothersome for users. Keep it as succinct as possible. Think of what types of data this platform has to get from users
- What motivates people to join breakout rooms where there are a bunch of strangers?
- What would be minimum etiquette for breakout rooms? What if some people don’t want to turn on a camera?
- The background would also make people feel biased and excluded.
- Show users the benefit of participating in onboarding, coordinating breakout rooms
- Think of helping people learn and retain. How do users create ideas and take notes through an event?
- The scale of the event
I has recently been unmotivated about the thesis. To bring up my passion again, I clarified my timeline like below.